Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Foiled! Foiled I Tell You!

I have many luscious pictures of the loot from the Handknitter's Guild expo on Sunday, but Blogger has decreed that they shall not be posted today.

So you'll have to wait until tomorrow! Bwaaahahahaha!!!

EDIT: Carrie has rightly pointed out that teasing descriptions of the above loot are in order. So, I got:

2 big hanks of plummy/eggplanty coloured four-ply (sportweight?) pure wool from Wendy Dennis (I shall post a link tomorrow when I am not guiltily blogging from work)

2 big hanks of undyed pure fingering weight wool - again from Wendy Dennis. Sooooo sooooooft.

1 hank of DK hand dyed by Wendy Dennis (I had to be forcibly removed from the vicinity in the end) in pinks, magentas, blues, and greens

2 skeins of luridly dyed laceweight - so cheap! Don't know the name of the purveyor, though.

2 small skeins of sockish weight yarn, pretty colours, cheap, see above entry.

2 books from Artisan Books which I've been wanting for a long time.

The long-suffering Dave wandered around behind me, carrying purchases without a squeak of complaint.

7 Comments:

Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Lol! I'm having the same problem. Drat. I nagged in vain.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Blogger is so annoying at times. It really hates loads of pictures.

What? No descriptions? Not even a wee tease?

8:53 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

A big tease! "luridly dyed laceweight"? The mind boggles. Now I really can't wait for the pix.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Sydney Harper said...

Wondering what color "lurid" is. It sounds like a successful yarn day. I'll patiently wait for the pictures though.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, lurid, one of my favorite shades!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Ah yes, "Significant other as sherpa". We know that game here too :)

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home