Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Friday, June 09, 2006

He Who Wouldst Be King

I am fierce

But I have a fuzzy belly

Can I be King now? Please?

This is Macbeth, Purplexity's cat (follow the link on my sidebar for more photos of her beautiful furkids). Macbeth is big and fluffy. Macbeth's tail is, bar none, the biggest fluffiest tail I've ever seen on a domestic cat. Ain't he handsome??

I was on my way back to the office from lunch the other day, when I saw something very cool: a guy (late teens, early twenties?) in his bicycle courier gear sitting on the steps of Old Treasury House and knitting himself a beanie. I startled him very much by stopping to have a look, and he told me how the other couriers give him so much shit for knitting. Then we discussed how good Addi Turbos were (he was using them), and I told him how cool it was that he was knitting. He said "Oh, Thankyou!!!!!" and I went on my way, leaving behind me a much happier knitter!

Good thing for the day: My friend E2 has replaced the temp from hell at work and she is a total goddess. I have never had to tell her anything twice, and by the end of day three I was happy to teach her stuff I would never have tried to force the temp to understand. And she doesn't make mistakes. I feel so spoiled!

Bad thing for the day: Dave has considerately given me his cold. So nice of him. It's difficult to achieve customer service divahood when what's coming out of your mouth sounds like someone stepped on a frog!

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

Dave is supposed to share. You're supposed to stay home sick. It's a Circle of Life thing.

Yay for E2 replacing the temp! Yay for you validating a Boy Bicycle Courier Knitter!

And yes, I say MacBeth can be King. He has the tail and besides, Mrs MacBeth goes to a lot of trouble. (Hez would be sooo jealous of his tail. She has the scrawniest tail I've ever seen on a cat.)

1:36 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Was boy bicylcle courier knitter cute?

Probably not as cute as Macbeth, alas.

Aw, wasn't that sweet of Dave, not. Ah well, at least you have a trainable temp, right? Right?!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

Good to see they look as cute on your blog as they do on mine!

It's kind of weird to go to someone else's blog and see a picture of your cat on it. The brain bubbles.

(No Duncans were harmed in the making of these pictures.)

5:03 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

OOoh love Macbeth - I want to cuddle him! I'm so glad to hear you managed to get rid of temp and have E2 now - yay!

8:09 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

There was a male knitter in Marta's the other day, and one learning to knit in Cleg's. I encourage them by letting them know knitty women will adore them. So far they haven't apparently been gay ;-)
Glad to hear E2 is going well - she is not a **tard like the temp was...
Gosh, Dave is so good to you!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home