Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love merino, alpaca, etc - I've never met a sock yarn I didn't like, although I'm not a big fan of novelty yarns or synthetics.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Um.....at the moment I chuck them all in a big plastic bin....

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit when I was about eight, but I only took it up again seriously about 18 months ago. I consider myself an intermediate knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
God yes. It's huge.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I love violets, vanilla, simple floral scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Unfortunately, yes. I love chocolate with fillings, and also candy that is tangy or sour.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I am obsessed with fountain pens and notebooks, I cross-stitch, and I am contemplating learning to crochet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like Placebo, Garbage, Scissor Sisters, etc - but I'm always interested in hearing new stuff!

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Purple is my favourite colour, but I also like greens, greys, and reds - I'm not big on pastels.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have one husband and three cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes. But not ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, shawls, lace, and afghan squares, cause I like learning new stitch patterns.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Cedar Creek socks from the STR club, and a Faroese Shawl in soft red merino.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I am a gift hussy.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I mostly knit on circular needles, but I use dpns for socks. I used to like bamboo, but now I loooooove my addis!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Neither. So sad!

17. How did you learn to knit?
Mum taught me!

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
Ummm.... six months?

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Japan. Definitely.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Fountain pens, yarn!

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have several books on my Amazon wishlist, and I would love to get my hands on some IK. There are many yarns I would love that we don't get here in Australia: Koigu, Lorna's Laces, Knitpics.... I could go on and on and on.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to learn colourwork, I think.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Heck yes. I LOVE knitting socks. But I have no idea what my foot measurements are. I usually make whatever size the pattern recommends, although if I'm knitting for myself I will make it a little larger - I have broad feet.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
27th March.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another anonymous here... your Secret Pal ;-)

You sound a lot like me :-) That's great :-) I know you are going to like what I send you, if I like it :-D

If "holiday" means feast, celebration, season, what would your favorite be? Christmas/Yule/Chanukkah/Midwinter? Easter? Birthdays?

I have never been in Japan... I wish I had. *sigh*

Now I'm off to read the rest of your blog LOL

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say your Amazon.com wishlist is huge... I found two wishlists with your name/email addy, and together there was 32 items... my wishlist has 98... So... did I find the right wishlist?

your swap pal :-)

12:48 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Ooooh, I have two wishlists??? The one with 29 items on it is the current one!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home