Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, May 01, 2006

Last One!

I knitted this one about six months ago - pre-blog. Finally blocked it this weekend, much to the gratification of my cats, who appear to have an inexplicable fondness for sitting on damp knitting. Anyhoo, this is the Irish Diamond Shawl from Folk Shawls (and yes, mrspao, you should buy this book - clearly written patterns, good pictures, the works - and afterwards, you'll never again doubt your ability to knit lace!) knit in two strands of Marta's 2ply.

Detail of the bottom part of the stitch pattern.

One of the four sections of patterning.

Now for the big question - does anyone want this shawl?? It's just not me, but I would hate to see it go to waste (i.e be a cat bed for the rest of its days). Drop me an email or a comment - I'll even throw in a packet of Timtams for the lucky winner! If I get more than one request, I'll pick one at random.

And Project Spectrum for April will be finishedwhenIgetaroundtoitthankyouverymuch.

Good thing for the day: It's my day off!
Bad thing for the day: I can hear the cats playing with something fragile in the kitchen. Scuse me....

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so many beautiful lace shawls. I'm impressed.

I don't know what it is about wet lace blocking on the floor but my cat, Katie, likes to sit on them too.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That looks great! And I love that book to - a must have.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

Wow - if you were looking for a good home, it looks very Cathy to me.

1:20 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

That is so beautiful! I love the colour! I think I will have to buy the book now as I'm feeling covetous! :)

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of your shawls are beautiful! Your kitties are too. Have a great week.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful! I'm in awe!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Oh. my. goodness. I can't believe you are giving that away!!! (But, I would be extraordinarily honored to give it a good home where I promise to honor and respect it and keep it cat butt free.)

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our kitties. We miss them both very much.

That shawl is beautiful! I'll be back to check out what you're working on next :-)

2:01 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Is there someplace you can donate it to, to be auctioned for a good cause or something?! So beautiful...

7:56 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Well, thank you all! I am reluctant to offer it for auction or anything, cause I still have this sneaking belief that anything I knit is suspect, and that you all are just being nice....

8:42 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

purty shawl!
People are too scared to ask for it because they know how much work has gone into it. Not because it is suspect - it isn't. You can see it isn't. It has blocked out nicely and nothing fell apart on it. So nyeh!

5:53 PM  
Blogger V said...

Wow! That is beautiful! Who wouldn't want that? Really, really beautiful!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous. Anyone would want it, look at all that hard work that you put into it!

10:25 PM  
Blogger shazzy said...

Just a suggestion and I have done this myself a few years ago. Go walking in ur area or shopping centre with the shawl and just give it to a lady that looks like she needs it. I did this a few years back and I have to say the look on the old ladys face was priceless and the feeling I got was totally awesome. What a super Act of Random Kindness that would be hey, but if all else fails Im a old woman and I need a shawl haha.

Seriously its a beautiful shawl and such a striking colour

10:30 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

You are a better woman than I, offering to give that shawl up. I just, on Saturday, cast on my second attempt at that shawl. The first was years ago, when I first started knitting, and tried to use, ugh, acrylic baby weight yarn. It killed me to frog it. It's beautiful though, such a gorgeous blue.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

WOw that is amazing! you are one seriously talented lace knitter - I still have the flower basket shawl on the needles since december! I have no patience for charts - give me simple easily memorizable knits!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Don't be silly, the shawl is gorgeous. I can't take it off your hands though, I want to make one myself and that would keep me from ever attempting it.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home