Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Another Blocked Object

I finished this shawl ages ago for my mother-in-law, but have just gotten around to blocking it. It's based on the Himalayan Birds Nest Shawl from Folk Shawls, and I used two strands of Marta's 2-ply held together. This is a detail of the pattern - the colours are pretty accurate here.

Blocking supervisor Lulu. Lulu is annoyed because I got it all wet before she got around to stamping it with the Lulu Butt.


This is darker, but you get an idea of the size of it - it turned out a lot more square than I was anticipating, but that's one of the things I like about shawls - a bit bigger, a bit smaller, it's all good. I will post this and yesterday's shawl to their recipients tomorrow on my DAY OFF. Sorry, couldn't resist throwing that in there.....

I have one more shawl left to block, the Irish Diamond shawl from Folk Shawls. Yes, I love that book, and I use it a LOT. In purple. I'll be curious to see how it blocks out, actually - it seems to match the picture kind of widthways but not lengthways unblocked. Good thing I have a big dining table for blocking.

Good thing for the day: Dave is cooking breakfast. Yay!
Bad thing for the day: I absolutely cannot be bothered going to the gym.

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Looks great! Now we want an action shot!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

The shawls are both gorgeous, color and pattern but then, oficially stamped by Lulu Butt, what would you expect?

Folk Shawls is an awesome book. One of these days I'm going to knit the box lace shawl and the spiderweb looking one. That is, if I ever manage to knit the Prairie Lace shawl, which is quite questionable at this point.

Days off are heavenly. If only they didn't involve chores.

11:30 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Oh wow! I bow to your greater knitting prowess - I think I'm going to have to buy the book and try out some shawls now :) You're a bad influence on my bank account!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Lovely shawl! I love the colors.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yowza, that's also stunning! You are a Goddess of Lace. :)

I notice that the shawl being wet hasn't prevent Lulu from sitting on it...

I have an autographed copy of that book...

8:36 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Ooohh, two blocked shawls! R's one is amazing! (Not that the kikass shawl isn't but the colours have come out so well!)
This is my day off, mainly cos it is a year since something happened.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

You're a shawl machine! I'm all inspired. Must go knit... to hell with work!

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home