Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, April 29, 2006

KIKASS Shawl!!

The astute among you may remember that myself and the KnitWit got into a trash talking contest which ended up in the KIKASS challenge - knitting the Aran Shawl from Folk Shawls before the other one did. Well, it looks like I won - I didn't do the pockets, but I put a couple of extra repeats in instead. Above: Pre blocking.

Gaining approval from the Blocking Supervisor (cause it ain't official without the Lulu Butt Print)


And all blocked out. I am very very happy with this shawl - my colour choice was absolutely perfect, it came out beautifully, and I really enjoyed knitting it. I suspect I will be knitting this one again someday!

Today we went out for a nice lunch and I bought the stuff I need for my Knitters Tea Swap parcel, and some supplies for my Secret Pal packages. I enjoy buying presents for people! I also got a cool new coffee cup to take to work. It has dragonflies on it.

Good thing for the day: Finally getting this thing blocked so that I can mail it off.
Bad thing for the day: I've finished watching my Law & Order dvds. Drat.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ainsley said...

So purty. Many congrats. Love the look in Lulu's face, she's a cat who knows how to sit on blocking.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, that shawl is gorgeous - love the colors!

Hee hee - Lulu looks like she might not let you mail it...

8:34 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Mmmm ... Law and Order. Such good knitting TV :) I wonder if there is a new episode on tonight??

9:01 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

So beautiful! I'm still working on mine. Hope to get it finished for Mother's Day.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home