Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Friday, May 05, 2006

Bargain

I simply couldn't wait until tomorrow to post this - I found 22 balls of this vintage Cleckheaton 12-ply (bulky) in an opshop (thrift shop) this afternoon. For 50c a ball. Wooo! I rushed to the cash register with the yarn in one hand and a funky skirt in the other. $8.50 for the lot. I realised (well after I'd left the shop) that the girl had misread the sticker on the two bags and had given them to me for 50c each. 50c each bag. That's ONE DOLLAR for 22 BALLS OF YARN!!!! The colour is duller and pinker than the above photo - it's also quite rough, but I'm going to soak a couple of balls tomorrow and try overdying them with purple and black respectively and see how they go after that.

My god I love it when this kind of thing happens.

6 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Do you like purple, by chance? :) Great find!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yay!!! I used to find great yarn at the thrift stores here, but not so much since knitting got so popular.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Me = green with jealousy

11:13 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Purple? Who'd have thunk it?

1:39 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Congratulations - I'm jealous. All I ever find is crap red heart yarn.

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, great deal on the yarn! Every now and then I'll find some good yarn at the thrift store but not usually that good.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home