Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Friday, May 05, 2006

Angus Says Grovel, Human!

Gibbering's Angus looking particularly sweet. Of course, he's sweeter if you don't realise that the odds are overwhelming that he will immediately fall off the cupboard directly onto the photographer. Actually, I think that adds to the sweetness - he's a big, clumsy, affectionate cat.

Thank you all for your coveting of the yarn in the previous post - I have been absurdly smug ever since I ordered it. That exact shade of purple is my very favourite!

I had the weirdest team meeting ever yesterday afternoon. We were discussing a particular training provider who failed to tell the (female) students and their (female) friends and relatives (who had agreed to come along and be test cases) in their Brazilian Waxing course that the instructor would be male. This caused some consternation amongst the class and we were laughing at this (cause we are cruel) when the teammate next to me (an older Chinese lady called J) suddenly piped up "What's a Brazilian wax?" Hilarity ensued. I took it upon myself to try and explain.

Me: whisper whisper whisper (I was telling her that some women get certain parts of their bodies waxed)
J: What, you mean like their armpits? *team falls about laughing again*

Me: whisper whisper whisper (I was telling her which parts 'certain parts of their bodies' referred to)
J:What??? *team is almost hysterical by now*

Me: whisper whisper whisper (I was telling her that this includes having certain shapes done)
J:Staring at me incredulously: "I never heard of that!"

This is also the meeting in which I was industriously taking notes when one of my colleagues leaning over to see what I was writing and busted me. I was writing the following: Boring meeting, blah blah blah, risk management blah blah blah, secret plans, blah blah blah.

Good thing for the day: Oh purple sock yarn, how do I love thee?
Bad thing for the day: Purple yarn, purple yarn, wherefore art thou purple yarn?

7 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

Lost in the mail? Rerouted to my house? Not magically teleported the way yarn stores really ought to send it?

That meeting sounds hysterical and your notes oddly familiar.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

That is hilarious!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Chaos has come through for me with his portable SRM wormhole. Bwah ha ha!

I would have choked to death laughing in that meeting...

9:08 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Next you'll have to try explaining anal bleaching to her.

Love your note-taking style.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least your colleague didn't discover the winged monkeys hiding under your desk.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Oh dear, you got busted!! I think I have some meeting notes like that. Although, no staff meetings quite like that one :) We did have a meeting last week where a colleague threatened to impersonate a baby pteradactyl noise. Sorry, that's the best I can do :)

1:28 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

He he :) I'm thinking of playing buzz word bingo at the next staff meeting!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home