Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, March 06, 2006

That Can't Be Comfortable

I'm so asleep I can't hear you lalalala......

This was taken while she was snoozing on a cardboard box on top of another cardboard box on top of a wardrobe. She likes it up there. And by golly she looks adorable while she's at it.

I'm still feeling grotty today. A normal person would say "oops, I'm sick!" and take the day off. I, on the other hand, would a) go to work, b) go to the gym, c) do a full workout, and d) walk home from the gym. I am obviously a) incredibly stubborn, b) even more stubborn than that, c) pigheaded, and d) a moron.

I am knitting, I swear! But it's kind of boring knitting. I want to learn more stitches, cabling, bobbles, etc, so I'm doing squares for an afghan, sampling one stitch on each square. I'm kind of enjoying this slow, plain knitting after the Olympic Shawl Incident, but it doesn't make for terribly pretty pictures!

I thought I'd throw in a Dave quote, inspired by Tink's magnificent Hoop Conversations: This one occurred when we were on our way into ChadstonetheFashionCapital.

*Dave beeps the car in front for not immediately noticing the arrow is green*
Dave: I shouldn't have done that!
Me: Why?
Dave: I was just being impatient and rude! I should only beep people if I absolutely have to.
*pause*
Dave: Or if they're dickheads.

Good thing for the day: I am about to achieve going to bed early!!
Bad thing for the day: My stepfather is hurting right now. There was a death in his family, and it happened in a way that is tremendously difficult to deal with. My stepfather is just about the sweetest man alive, and it's unfair that this should have happened.

14 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - Dave and Hoop, separated at birth?!

Sorry to hear you'r still not feeling the greatest - hope you get better soon. And sending comforting thoughts to your stepfather and your family. :9

2:46 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Stay home and sleep, ya "d". Do you want to get worse?

Dave is so right. Only beep if you have to, or they're dickheads. Words to live by.

I'm so sorry to hear about your stepfather's loss. Best wishes to him.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

I think Dave and Hoop would be best friends if they met. That or partners in crime. I hope you feel better!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

heehee. I haven't told Dave yet that I quoted him on my blog. Stay tuned for divorce proceedings! And yes I am still ill and I am still going to work. Gibbering's comment when I told her that I'd started a blog named Peeve was to enquire whether the name Stubborn was already taken.....

6:36 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well, how about this sock club? Dueling sock clubs... :)

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny, I was actually thinking that last part of Dave's thought before I read it.

I hope you feel better soon and that your stepfather finds some peace.

7:26 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Poor you! I hope you're feeling better soon - go to bed!

I'm sorry to hear about your stepfather. It is sad to see people we care about hurting.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Oooh, Chris, this could be a dangerous contest to get into.....

7:51 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

It could live us both destitute, living in boxes on the street. The boxes would be padded with sock yarn, of course.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Like my homeless shelter. Made of books, insulated with yarn.

Oh, I meant to say earlier, kitty looks comfy.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Yeah, but we'd at least be in adjoining cardboard boxes so that we could trade insults on whose stash was bigger. And Carrie could come by every now and then to bring soup and books.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Um, Peeve - it sounds like Carrie would be next to us in her own comfy box (but, will she let us read the books? good thing libraries are free...). Maybe Mrs Pao will take pity...

12:05 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Maybe we'll throw ourselves on Mrs Pao's mercy and set up in her back yard so that Jasper can come visit.

2:04 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I'd be delighted if you'd come and live in my back yard! Jasper would love you for it.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home