Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, February 25, 2006

The blocking table, thoughtfully prepared by Dave, who stayed up all night with me for moral support. This arrangement apparently absolutely enchanted the cats, who equally thoughtfully kept it in place and mouse free until I needed it.

Detail of new hair - purplish and shiny. Think Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka.


And the view of the blocking table when we got up. They REALLY like this new arrangement. The shawl is actually ready to come off the blocking table, but I haven't got the heart to evict them! Hmmm. A new record for most blobs in one knitting picture?

In my post finishing haze, this seemed a fitting reward. I'm thinking of starting a new webring. Sock Yarn Hussies. Or Compulsive Sock Yarn Stashers. Any suggestions? Cause let's face it, I have a problem, and I'd like to feel less like a freak. In the nicest possible way, of course.....

And I know you'll all be deeply disappointed, but there is no way in heck that I am modelling this shawl! I will be gifting it to my friend EC, and I will try to convince her to let me take a phot for y'all. Y'all. A good word. I should use it more often. Look, I've had 1.5 hours sleep, cut me some slack already! More details on the shawl can be found on the Team Midwest blog - click the button on the sidebar!

Good thing for the day: I finished the shawl. It's pretty, I enjoyed it, but I am SO VERY GLAD it's over. And I don't think I can kid myself any more: I am a fairly decent lace knitter. So there.

Bad thing for the day: The 1.5 hours sleep thing.

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Congratulations on being the world record holder on blobs in photos. Very nice, very nice. Altho I suspect mrspao could give you a run for your money.

Hee hee - I'm with you on the webring... I saw a webring for "Proud to be a yarn addict"...

Now if I ever get the promised email invoice from Blue Moon...

11:18 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Maybe CSY: Cats & Sock Yarn?

6:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee... Yummy.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

A new blog! Socks. Phhht. I hate socks. My Norwegians are about to be frogged. Or maybe not. Maybe I'll do some Bad Knitter Weaving around the gaping instep holes.

Pretty Peeve! I believe the cats have voted to keep the blocking board up permanently. For your convenience, of course.

7:39 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I think Ophelia is looking very interesting in your blocking table too. That is one very attractive shawl :)

8:09 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:09 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good hair - (although I was a little distracted by the instruction to think of Johnny Depp...) How are the elephants?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Yes, I kind of distracted myself there... mmmm... Johnny Depp.....
The elephants seem to have gone back into hiding, aided by nine hours sleep last night followed by an hours nap this morning. Although it's kind of difficult to nap properly when you keep getting woken up by cats anxious to know what you're doing sleeping at such an odd time.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home