Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Wheels n' Things

This is my new spinning wheel! She is an Ashford. But I know nothing else about her. A few more accessories, and I will have another hobby!! Although possibly I am falling away from the True Path of Knitting here.

And these are my other set of stichmarkers from Mrspao! I am so embarrassed - I didn't look further into the box than the beauties on the top layer - I may never have found them if mrspao hadn't sent a polite hint...... I just didn't actually think it could get even better. Aren't they pretty? I wore my new earrings out to dinner on Saturday night, and they were much admir'd.

We went out on Saturday morning for a brief sortie into ChadstonetheFashionCapital (big local shopping centre. Generally filled with people looking grim and trying to find the exits while attempting to avoid the idiots wandering around under the happy impression that there is no better way to spend a Saturday. Generally, if we are there for more than half an hour I freak out at all the people rushing to buy random crap and I have to leave.) so that Dave could preorder a copy of the latest computer game coming out soon. Which, frankly, was incredibly dull. But I also got to press my face up against the pet shop window and make squeaky sounds of adoration at the two Rag Doll kittens. Soon afterwards, Dave got nervous (smart man!) and we left.

I haven't bought any yarn in two weeks now. Perhaps I'm ill.

Good thing for the day: Confirmation that this coming up weekend ( a long weekend for us Aussies) we are off to Sorrento with four friends. The six of us are renting a house near the beach, which we intend to use as a base for reading, sleeping, eating, knitting (okay, that's just me), eating, talking, eating, and sleeping. Can't wait!

Bad thing for the day: I've been a bit under the weather the last couple of days. I'm exhausted but I'm not sleeping properly. We went for a hard thirty-minute walk this afternoon for some exercise, and I spent a while when we got home deciding whether to throw up or pass out. Fortunately my body appears to be as indecisive as I am and we compromised with a nice long shower. And, oddly, a couple of times lately (well, this morning) when I've wanted a drink, I've chosen GATORADE over DIET COKE. I wonder if this means I'm getting fitter or if I'm just getting older?

9 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

No embarrassment needed :) Glad you liked them.

Poor you feeling a bit under the weather! It sounds like you need a nice break. I take it that Sorrento isn't the one in Italy? Or is it? Do tell :)

12:19 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Peeve, you haven't bought yarn in two weeks because all you have to do is go to the mailbox! ;) Plus, you did join a sock knitting club, which I think counts...

Hope you feel better soon - definitely in time for your big weekend, which sounds very fun!

I already let Mrs Pao know this, but today (Sunday) is the Knitblogger's Field Trip, if you'd like to try that out! The organizer really went all out with her backyard...

1:22 AM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

I see you have weakened and gone to the dark side... spinning!

You promised!!!!

Think how much sock yarn that spinning wheel could have bought you!

Why oh why am I so alone? Some how I'll get over it. (Not having any money for a spinning wheel due to house aquisition helps.)

(BTW when I cried out "She's gone to the dark side", my SO's response was "She's going to have a baby?")

8:36 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Pay attention, oh Purplexed one - I swapped for this wheel! Not bought! So really, it has only cost me some of the sock yarn I already stashed. And you can talk about the dark side, Miss "Look What I Just Crocheted"!

Sorrento is a town further down the coast from Melbourne - nice beaches, restaurants, even a vintage bookshop!

The scary thing, Chris, is that I had genuinely forgotten those yarn purchases. My smugness is now greaty reduced.

8:43 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather :o( Maybe the Gatorade will help?

A spinning wheel! And you swapped for it? Wow! What are your kitties going to think when you start spinning?

12:31 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, you forgot all of that sock yarn?! No wonder you have so much... ;)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I may be forced to admit that this sockyarn stashing may be getting out of control! You're just jealous!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

I couldn't pay attention - I was so shocked by the wheel picture I couldn't even read your blog!

Besides, I have gone back to knitting, I only flirted with crochet briefly.

5:37 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Ah, it is an Ashford Tradional. I can help with extra bobbins as needed, though if I am to get Ainsley spinning she will need some too....
I recommend at least three bobbins. Plus a lazy kate and a niddy noddy.
I am whacked too.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home