Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, March 02, 2006

GOODIES

My parcel arrived!!!!!!!!! The pictures are in reverse order cause of the old technological incompetence thang.... This is a sweet card, including a greeting from the Chaos monster himself, a set of four sock shaped (however did you know? ;) needle protectors, and a cd full of very good music. When I heard the opening lines of I Will Knit For You, I started laughing and didn't stop the entire song. Dave smiled politely. There is no cd in the case because it is in the cd player in the car.
Candy!! Two Cadbury Creme Eggs (again, however did you know??), and a bag of Hershey's kissables - candy coated chocolate kisses. This bag has a hot date with my next bout of PMS.

Schaeffer Anne sock yarn - this stuff is incredibly soft and the colours are absolutely glorious - I've been considering buying some of this yarn, and now I get to try it out!

Ironstone yarns sock yarn - purples! Greens! My favourites! I had to be restrained from ripping the needles out of my Koigu socks and casting on immediately.

Purple/grey/blue jacquard sock yarn! Woo! This is another brand of sock yarn I've been wanting to try. Come to think of it, there are probably very few brands of sock yarn I don't want to try.... but I digress.

An entire cone of Jaggerspun wool in Plum!!! I have been eyeing this stuff off for ages. I feel another peacock shawl coming on - and this one will be for ME!

The box of goodies. It was actually neater when I first opened it. But then I had to rummage through it and ooh and aah and show things to Dave, so I had to stuff it all back in for the photo shoot....

THANK YOU SO MUCH CHRIS!!!!! This really made my day. It arrived soon after a convoluted argument with a client in which I was called some interesting things and accused of other interesting things. Sigh. Customer Service can be tough!

Good thing for the day: See all of the above!
Bad thing for the day: My reluctance to wait until tonight to blog this beautiful haul means that I am now very late for work. Bye Now!

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

You're very welcome! I'd like to think this will keep your credit card out of trouble for a while, but... heh.

Those Kissables are weird. The love children of M&Ms and Kisses??? You'll have to tell me if Autralian Creme Eggs and American Creme Eggs are the same. :)

Oh yeah, I bet the Ironstone is a bit heavier than the Koigu - probably will require a needle size or two larger.... :D

7:40 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Awesome! It's as if she was reading your mind.....

7:49 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Wow! We are both really lucky! I got a package too! That Chris is so lovely!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Chris, if you were that concerned about my credit card, I don't think you'd have sent me that latest link, young lady!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

woo hoo..what great goodies - I wish I got as many packages in the mail! by the way I love your sock yarn lunchbox!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ah, but the links I HAVEN'T sent you... :)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

And the sad thing is, as soon as I read your comment, Chris, my first instinct was to ask "What links? What have you been keeping from me????" No self control. None whatsoever.

And thank you, Ms B Handspun! And you know, I am always willing to participate in 'cultural exchanges' involving sending packages of Australian yarn and candy in your direction!

11:40 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Wow - I am jealous now! What nifty yarn! What a lovely Chris :-)

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! A day can't go wrong when it starts with a parcel with such amazing content! Absolutely fantastic yarns and goodies! Lucky you!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Aw, shucks... And it didn't matter that I didn't tell you - Lynne told you and you were off!

Of course, since I busted out of Stashalong, my credit card has been hit pretty hard. :) I just bought some "purple mystery" malabrigio over lunch. Yarnzilla is about 10 minutes away from where I work...

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God, you're killing me. My tiny sock collection pales in comparison when viewed in context with just your recent entries. I've added at least a dozen yarns to my Sock Collection Check List.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home