Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, February 27, 2006

Dackles


This is Gibbering's third cat, Dax - she is also Dorian's and Wumple's sibling. And she's not looking wistful - she's actually keeping a sharp eye out for the evil stray cat that Gibbering has started feeding recently. Dax is (naturally) usually called Dackles and Shmackles. Which she is more than happy to answer to. Especially if there's a lap at the other end of it.

Urgh. I spent hours yesterday fiddling around with yarn and patterns and swatches, but I couldn't find anything that remotely interested me. It was all wrong! Even the Koigu! Things were getting desparate. I tried to cast on for the spiral shawl in a Gathering of Lace, but an hour later I was still struggling and cursing the circular cast-on so I gave up. CIRCULAR CAST ONS ARE EEEEEEVIL. So finally I grabbed some utterly gorgeous baby wool (pics tomorrow) in bright rainbow colours and started a beginner's triangle shawl from a Gathering of Lace. It's working up beautifully, and it's going to be the most lurid shawl I've ever seen. Excellent. Even though I swore I wouldn't start another shawl for at least a week. But then I remembered that Mim's new shawl pattern will be available shortly and I gave up.

Good thing for the day: It's not hot. Thank the gods!
Bad thing for the day: Work now.

4 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

Socks socks socks :)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I have an excellent circular cast on - i-cord cast on. Let me see if I have it in a doc and I'll email it to you.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Thanks Chris, that would be great! There are a few circular shawls I'd love to try, but even Dave was looking disturbed at the amount of cursing coming out of my mouth last night!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Thanks Chris, that would be great! There are a few circular shawls I'd love to try, but even Dave was looking disturbed at the amount of cursing coming out of my mouth last night!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home