Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Friday, February 24, 2006

Freaky Friday

Now, what could this be???

Hmmm... it appears to contain yarn of some sort....

Oh, look! Two skeins of Artyarns Supermerino!

And also there was some gorgeous Zen Yarn Gardens sock yarn from Kpixie - but y'all wouldn't be interested in that, would you?

Well, maybe I'll post that picture tomorrow.... maybe......

WARNING: Todays Freaky Friday link is NOT work safe or kid safe. It requires sound. It requires a strong stomach. It contains FREQUENT HIGH LEVEL COARSE LANGUAGE. You have been warned.

I have bowed to the inevitable. I am taking a half day off work today in order to give myself a fighting chance of finishing this shawl. Twenty two rows left might not sound like much, but each row is now over four hundred stitches. Whimper. And I'm not doing the crochet castoff! I'll sort out my own cast off! So there! BWAHAHAHHAHA!

Oh. Perhaps the pressure is getting to me more than I thought......

Good thing for the day: Chris is sending me a package containing weird stuff she's never seen before. Excellent!!!
Bad thing for the day: It's going to be HOT today. So why the HELL am I leaving my airconditioned office in the hottest part of the day to go home and knit on a lapful of wool???? I swear, I deserve an extra medal for this.

12 Comments:

Blogger yarnivorous said...

You have air con at home! You'll have to knit in front of that :-)
Noice yarn.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Heh. I only hope it doesn't melt before you get it...

Purty yarn. Please, nice lady, can we see the Zen Yarn Gardens sock yarn?

7:00 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Yep, I didn't manage to book tomorrow afternoon off and I'm thinking that Saturday night maybe a sleepless one! So coffee and Tim Tams will be consumed in bulk :)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey Peeve, I'm here to enable you. :)

Check out the gorgeous yarn in the second picture from the top. Info on contacting the dyer is here.

My work here is done...

7:47 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Dammit Chris! You know I'm a total pushover for sock yarn! I've sent the nice German lady an email enquiry. "Ooooooh, pretty!!!" is warring with "Hello, budget!". Gosh, I wonder which one will win.....

8:38 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Oooooh, pretty!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Carrie - is that a comment or a vote???

:)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Bwah-ha-ha!!!

Check out this picture. Is it sad that my first thought wasn't "Whoa, that person should probably get some help with that sock yarn problem" - it was jealousy?

11:47 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

The whole world is against me! I give in, I'll buy more sock yarn!
And Chris, just to taunt you, I'm going to post links to some Australian wineries, which produce the two best pinot noirs I've ever tasted, and one that produces a multi award-winning chardonnay. So there.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Damn. That sure backfired.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

It was a prediction.

5:13 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

He he - sock yarn - yummy! You know you can't resist :)

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home