Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday Morning


This is Dorian trying to pretend he's a mysterious Russian Blue in a Parisian nightclub rather than a slightly pudgy moggy in the laundry.

I have an Olympics team! I am now part of Team Midwest. Shaddup. My heart is in the Midwest and that's all that matters. Besides, the button is way cute.

The shawl continues well - the Fiddlesticks lace charts are the best I've ever encountered - the charts are big, and very easy to read. I will definitely be buying their patterns again. That said, their charts are still no match for a determined cat sitting on them in order to get your attention at least for a little while. I can't knit the shawl at work, so I'm limited to evenings this week. Dave has been notified.

I went to the gym again yesterday and did a good workout - an iPod is essential for this. You're not so worried about the time you've got left on the treadmill if you have Marilyn Manson interspersed with Enya blasting your eardrums. I have eclectic musical tastes. My iPod has opera, industrial, pop, rock, and some comedy. I'm posting from work, so I'd better skedaddle - the boss has just arrived.

Good thing for the day: I like my job. I don't mind Mondays nearly as much as I used to.
Bad thing for the day: I forgot to buy any Cadbury Creme Eggs when we were grocery shopping yesterday. Bugger.

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Please define "moggy"?

Hi Dorian!

And welcome to Team Midwest! :)

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dorian could never be a moggy - not with that look!

So you have talking sock yarn too eh? What is it about sock yarn that talks louder than any other sort?

Good luck with the Olympic knitting.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Chris - 'moggy' is a word used to describe cats of... let's say... mixed parentage. In Dorian's case, his mother and father were brother and sister. Sometimes you can tell.

My sock yarn constantly burbles to me! And it complains if I put it completely out of sight! When I'm looking around at sock yarn on the web, it whispers to me of all the cool things I could make with it... I am so addicted.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's a bit suss liking your job - to be filed under "questionable mental state" -maybe it's those creme eggs. :)

2:33 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Ah, obi wan, but are the Creme Eggs the cause or the symptom? :)

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Causality is always problematical, whereas creme eggs are no problem at all.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Tell that to my hips.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Peevish Hips - let me tell you something, creme eggs are no problem at all per se - however, take them out of the wrapper, and ...

9:31 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Dorian is too dignified to be a moggie!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home