Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Day One Progress



Chart one and almost all of chart two of the Peacock Feathers Shawl done. But I have a question for you guys: the yarn is very very pretty, but I'm worried about the colour changes obscuring the pattern. Of course, this is the very top of the shawl, and it might sort itself out when I get to the larger pattern pieces - what do you think? It would hurt, but it's not too late to rip.

And I completely failed to join an Olympics team, so I've made up one of my own:

Team Independent: Embrace the Lameness.

Good thing for the day: A free afternon of knitting ahead of me.
Bad thing for the day: A sneaking suspicion that feeling smug about going to the gym three times this week ain't gonna fly if I keep consuming Cadbury Creme Eggs at this rate......

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

From the picture, it doesn't look like the color's going to obscure the lace. I love the color, btw.

You could still join many teams. If you're Midwest of something, I'll send you a Team Midwest invite. :) Team Wales is pretty liberal in its requirements. Um, Team Chocolate and its ilk only require that you add a button - teams in only the loosest sense of the word!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

I think the yarn looks great I happen to really like the colors in it- and at least form the picture the pattern shows up very well. Ohh Cadbury Eggs....drool drool

4:13 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Wow! You are a knitting goddess. You've done loads already! I have only managed to do half a row so far.

I think it looks great and the pattern is beautiful. The colour is gorgeous and it looks like it is undulating.

6:31 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Team Oz only needs a button to be added, and you can find them easily!
The shawl looks great so far! If worst comes to worst, you can always dye it a dark colour!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Cool! I trust you guys..... I shall forge ahead. Now where did I put those Cadbury Creme Eggs?

6:48 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

beautiful! I am envying/admiring your lace skills ;o) ;o)

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home