Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Luscious Colours


This is my latest acquisition from TheyarnpusherformerlyknowasBrooklynHandSpun - in the colourway Nemo. Isn't it beeyoootiful?? The photo is a little blurry, but this was the best shot I got of the colours. This skein doesn't actually want to be socks, I think - any suggestions?

My hips now have a blogstalker all their own. Check out yesterday's comments - Hi Obi Wan whoever you are! No Creme Eggs today, but Dave is taking me and my hips out for a swanky Valentine's Day lunch here - I think they'll find it an acceptable substitute. And no wrappers!!

The Olympic shawl continues - I have the hang of how the pattern is constructed now, and apart from two teeny errors which were easily fixed and nobody will ever know they're there, I promise, I'm sailing through this!

On a more serious note, I got into work yesterday and one of my teammates was just back from holidays. I asked her how her holidays were, and she burst into tears - her sister passed away two weeks ago - she had cancer. It wasn't unexpected, she'd been fighting it for over a year, but there's really nothing you can say in that situation! I settled for giving her heartfelt condolences, and intercepting other team members to let them know not to all go bouncing up to her demanding to know how her holidays were!

And, to prove just how short my attention span is - OOOOH! Dave just gave me my Valentine's Day present - SIX skeins of Koigu!! We don't get Koigu in Australia, I fell in love with these two colourways on a website, and Dave offered to buy them for me. Photos tomorrow! But for now I'll just sit here and caress my preciousssss Koigu.....

Good thing for the day: Did I mention I just got Koigu??
Bad thing for the day: I can't take my precioussss to work with me. They frown on yarn fondling while at your desk.

7 Comments:

Blogger yarnivorous said...

Nemo is pretty! Koigu is prbably pretty too but we need photos of the preciouses!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

The Nemo is fun! And six skeins of Koigu - wow. Sets of 2 per color? Or?

Glad your shawl is going well! I had a bit of a tussle with the sleeve yesterday... I think we have it worked out now.

Thanks for the definition of "moggy" - Chaos is a moggy, too. It's quite likely that his parents were brother and sister - definite inbreeding, what with his tail deficiency and all.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

It's the yarn pusher here - don't worry no new yarn up...yet! I had no idea what a moggy was either. thanks for the edification...I just call my little grey guy a Mutt! Anyone who buys you yarn for a holiday is a keeper!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Lynne - photos of my preciousss will feature heavily in tomorrow's blog entry, don't worry! I wouldn't miss a chance to show this off!

Chris - it's four skeins of one colourway and two of another, but the two colourways are very complementary. I could use all six in one project and it would look great. Now I just have to work out what that project should be....

Yeah, Dave's good about the whole yarn thing. Of course, I figure I'm a keeper as well - I got him a book on saxophone technique, which as far as I can tell is pretty much a blatant encouragement to play his saxophone around the house more. Terrifying the cats. And possibly the neighbours.

9:10 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

oooh, sounds like you had a nice day. I'm looking forward to seeing the Koigu :)

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Nemo want to be leg warmers? Are leg warmers still "in"? All sounds fishy to me.

1:10 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

**LOL** at yarn fondling at work.

The colours are beautiful indeed!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home