Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, February 20, 2006

Resistance is Futile Part II


You know, I'd be even more comfy if you took the lid off this thing and let me sleep in the stash....I wouldn't carry anything off to take under the bed and disembowel....honest......

I spent most of yesterday knitting the Olympic shawl. A couple of tiny mistakes were made, one of which I fixed, one of which you wouldn't know it was there unless you looked for it. And, as we all know, it's incredibly rude to scrutinise a knitter's latest masterpiece quite that closely. At least, I hope it's that rude..... I'm up to row 180-something. A mighty effort for the weekend, but a lot of work ahead of me! More later on how I realised I'd forgotten to figure in blocking/drying time and the amount of unladylike language that generated.

Good thing for the day: I know where I stashed an emergency supply of Cadbury Creme Eggs. Hah!
Bad thing for the day: Is it wrong to seriously contemplate taking a day off work to ensure completion of one's Olympic project?

8 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

I originally intended that Friday would have been an Olympic knitting day. I'm considering taking this Friday off too ;)

I can't see how it is wrong - I see it as commitment to the sport.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Good point!

Now, if only I can convince my boss.....

8:07 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

Meiko has such pretty eyes ;o) Is she wanting to go outside or for you to open up something yummy?

heh, quite funny on your day off work for knitting. If the boss won't agree -- can you sneak it in inside your bag? ;o)

Actually, way back when, I would bring a purse of quilt pieces to one of my jobs, and handsew the blocks while talking at lunch.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

How can you not trust that face with your yarn?! ;)

Um, I was thinking of taking a day off for Olympic knitting... But I think I'll finish ok...

*crosses fingers*

11:10 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

What? You are considering gainful continued employment against a self imposed knitting deadline? Are you mad? Of course you should take it off! An athlete cannot be constrained by some silly bureaucrat's whim that you do some utterly ridiculous Not Knitting Thing in the heat of competition!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Sigh. It's sad that my bosses don't accord the Knitting Olympics the respect it deserves. I've even had aspersions cast on my honorary membership in the Team Midwest! Philistines!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Dharia said...

oh my god, this kitty and my girly Sabine could be twins separated at birth!

2:49 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Dharia: I must have pictures! Immediately!

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home