Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

In Which No Yarn Sucking Takes Place


This may look like a sweet greeting between two of my kitties. Actually, it's Lulu simultaneously reminding Meiko who's dominant and reiterating the nightly "get between me and the food dish and I'll clobber you until your ears ring" statement.

I had to tink an entire row full of yarnovers and knit three togethers last night. Apparently, checking the pattern three times is not protection against rampant idiocy and losing the ability to count up to three. However, I did make some progress, which is good, as when I was estimating how much I had to do each day I forgot to take into account the freaking edge charts. Much sulking ensued.

Poor Dave apologised last night for trying to kiss me while I was knitting lace. I was a bit..... focussed.... at the time, and may have overreacted a tad when he got between me and the chart. Then he went and cooked a lovely dinner. He takes his Olympic Support duties seriously.

And Chris: I have occasionally been compared to Tigger, but I always identified more with Eeyore. I tried to read The Dao of Pooh and the De of Piglet once, but I got really pissy when the author present Pooh as the epitome of Daoism and proceeded to trash all of the other characters. Nobody disses my Eeyore!

Random Fact: I collect odd stuffed toys. I have an Edward Gorey cat, a baby knitted Cthulu (courtesy of Purplexity) a Beanie Baby crab, a teddy bear dressed as a Cistercian monk (I kind of lost my head in a Ye Olde Gifte Shoppe at a ruined abbey in Yorkshire), a lobster, a giant ant (It's about a foot long. I bought it at Ikea.) , a ferret (I bought this in Japan. So cool.), a bat, a smaller bat which squeaks when you press its belly (also bought in Japan), and a scowling raven. So far.

Good thing for the day: I won a contest on Chris' blog!!! Wooooo!!!
Bad thing for the day: We got our car back from its 100000km service. $1800. OUCH.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, but if you're being bouncey, you can hardly be Eeyore, can you?

I have a stuffed Shaun (from Wallace & Gromit). And two different colors of Beanie Baby dragons. And a Bagheera Beanie Baby (because I'm weak for black cat stuff).

I think you need a stuffed hedgehog.

With any luck, the packages will go out in the mail on Thursday!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Yay!

But I should point out that I don't bounce often - usually only when yarn or cats are mentioned.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

ahh that kitty encounter looks very familiar - ohh as you know I know about car troubles...so we'll be ouching together!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

It's good to have ouch buddies!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

But they look so sweet.

No yarn sucking? No pictures with black bars? What is the point of the internet? [sulks].

He tried to kiss you while you were knitting lace? My God, the man is courting death. Nice about dinner.

$1800? Yikes.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Hmmm..... would you settle for yarn that sucks? No? Didn't think so!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yarn.
Cats.
Yarn.
Cats.
Yarn.
Cats.


Just checking.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Eeep! Oh, great, now I'm all bounced out!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home