Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

At Least Someone's Relaxing


Mmm... Detachable human fur....

Shawl is now up to row 190-something. I may need a shoulder reconstruction at the end of this, but By G*d I will Finish This Thing. For a progress photo, you'll have to wander over to the Team Midwest blog - the button on the sidebar will take you there.

Something I have learned while knitting this shawl:

- When cursing my Addis for having prematurely lost their slick shininess, I should check both the Addis and my hands for residual traces of Cadbury Creme Eggs. Ahem.

I also learned the depths of my self-control last night. We were sitting on the couch, I was knitting, Dave was watching the NBA all-star game. I was concentrating on lace charts. Dave was concentrating on relaying as many basketball stats as he could without drawing breath. "Lebron James...blah blah blah...Rasheed Wallace....blah blah blah....Kobe Bryant...blah blah blah..."

And I DIDN'T turn to him sweetly and say "You know I love you, but for the LOVE OF YARN if you keep spouting basketball at me when I'm trying to knit lace, I will garotte you with my Addi's!"

Good thing for the day: The pimple on my chin has almost gone (hey, you gotta take your good things where you can find them!)
Bad thing for the day: I've run out of Cadbury Creme Eggs.

10 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

very funny about the creme egg residue on your needles ;o) I've found the same thing happening, on occasion, with strawberry jelly... **wonders how that got there**

**applauds your tolerance**
I'm still admiring your gorgeous kitty -- but I know I'm biased ;o)

7:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, I wish I was that relaxed right now!

Got the giggles about the Creme Egg residue.. um, since you're out of them, maybe you need to be licking your needles and yarn?!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Don't. Lick. Your. Yarn.

Unless you take pictures of it.

I admire your restraint. You're sure he was saying actual stats, and not fabricating numbers just to mess with your mind, right?

9:19 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Perhaps that could be a yarn marketing ploy? Flavoured yarn for desperate knitters? Lucy was trying to eat my sock so I'm wondering if that Opal wool is fish-flavoured.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Rhelynn - well thank you! I think my kitties are gorgeous as well, but I am most definitely biased. I cuddled a kitten looking for a home at the vet on the weekend, but I was very very good and put it back in the basket.

Chris - Something tells me I'm.... 'eccentric' enought without being caught sucking my yarn in a futile search for chocolate. I just hope the shawl doesn't turn out with a suspiciously brown patch.....

Carrie - We're talking actual stats. Including the trading history of every player on the court, and rumours of potential upcoming trades, and which coaches are good at what. At times like this, I consider myself almost a saint.

And thanks to Carrie I now have a mental picture of me posting multiple pictures of me licking my yarn, with a black bar across my eyes to protect my identity.....

10:13 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Your work here has been done well, Carrie!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats, Peeve - you were a winner in my contest!!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Ooooh! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

*bounce*

12:07 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Oooh congratulations! I'll look forward to seeing your prize :)

7:23 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - I just got a great mental image of Peeve as a Tigger!

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home