Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Friday, October 27, 2006

Socks 'n Sleepy Cats

Ooooh, is it tuna?? I bet it's tuna! Can I open my eyes now?

What the - you woke Me up for this?? This isn't tuna!! *directs Fat Fluffy Stare of Death at hapless human*

Mmmmpffff....hey, look at that, sock-shaped tuna.....*snore*

I got home from crafties last night and remembered my promise to post pics of the Sock that Saved Socktober, so I grabbed the Sock, the camera, and tracked down the cats. After the photo session, they were convinced that really tuna was going to be produced at any moment, and followed me around the house Mawowing imperiously until it became clear that I was going to be in front of the computer for a while and there is no tuna here.

Knitting sock again is good. The yarn is beautifully soft and squishy, and the pattern is complicated enough to keep me interested. It has cables. You can't really see from these pics, but the cuff and the heel flap are both cabled. Cause knitting with dpns really isn't tricky enough without adding a cable needle to the mix. Still, in two days I've reached the straight knitting for the foot, so it ain't all bad.

Melbourne knitters take note: Marta's Yarns in Caulfield is closed until further notice - I emailed Patricia asking what was wrong, and Marta is ill - ill enough that they've closed the store for a while to look after her. I don't know the details, but I want to urge all Melbourne knitters to send a supportive email to Marta (you can email through her website) or take the time to put a Get Well Soon card through the mail slot at the shop. Get well soon, Colour Goddess, we miss you!

Good thing for the day: The Return of the Knitting Mojo

Bad thing for the day: Instead of having a shower last night I used the precious time for gusset decreases. As a result I am less than sparkly clean this morning. Fortunately, it's casual dress day at work, so hopefully no one will notice.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yay, knitting mojo! Beware the Fat Fluffy *blank* of Death anything!!

Poor Marta - I know that you have many of her lovely yarns. :(

Heh, I've gone to work in such a state before. Sit quietly and it'll be fine!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for knitting Mojo!

I can't believe your cruelty in not feeding them tuna on demand. Hezekiah sends her condolences.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Pearls Mother said...

thanks for the info about Marta,
i was there last saturday and the shop was closed.
nice socks,
gorgeous kitty,
hand over the tuna!
Lindy

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the return of your knitting mojo! Poor deprived cats though.

That's too bad about Marta.

1:06 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Yay for special yarn for sock making! Poor Marta - that's terrible news - hope she gets better soon.

Poor half-starved moggies :0

5:11 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Hurrah for the return of the knitting mojo.

Look at those poor kitties just starving. Evil mean mummy doesn't feed you poor little fluffballs at all, does she? :~)

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home