Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, October 23, 2006

Boobalicious Monday

Remember ages ago when I posted my brand new Corset of Magnificence? Well, on Saturday night I finally worked up the courage to wear it to a party! And let Dave take a photo for the blog. It was much admir'd. And petted. In fact, I haven't been felt up that much at a party in years! It is a beautiful corset, and by all the gods this thing guarantees correct posture, albeit at the cost of a slight compression of one's internal organs.

Not much happening on the knitting front - I keep starting things, working on them madly for a day or so, then frogging. I think it's a sign that my liking myself project has been slipping somewhat over the last few weeks - I knit for a while, then think What the Hell Was I Thinking This Will Look Like Ass. Sigh. I am working on one thing at the moment, mainly because I'm scared not to - I started a shawl from Knitting Nature (details later... much later). Cast on 730 stitches and join in the round without twisting. I think I was trying to punish myself. But the Knitting Goddess took pity on my mojo-less state and I did it. First try. Right number of stitches, no twisting. So I have to believe the Knitting Goddess has decided that I will knit this shawl, and will smite me if I don't.

Good thing for the day: I posted a picture of myself! Yay me!
Bad thing for the day: Monday Morning Sucketh.

8 Comments:

Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Love that posture correcting effect of corsets. When I put mine on, my wonderfully stuffed spine usually cracks in several places. I feel so much better, I start wondering if it's possible to make a neck corsets. I'm sure one would have the same effect on my spine there, where most of my problems lie. Except... there's this little side effect called suffocation I might have a problem with.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

LOL about the gropage! It's spiffy, but I'm already wondering if you'll go so far as to remove a rib or two, as ladies in the corset days were wont to do...

Socks. You probably need to knit some comfort socks for yourself. *hug*

11:54 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

The corset is beautiful! and bravo for having the guts to wear it out to a party.

I love the improved posture that a corset promises. Just make sure you're wearing your socks before you put it on and wear slip on shoes.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I want the neck corset. I mean other than the suffocation issue.

Whoo, fancy! Very gropable.

Uh oh. Now you HAVE to knit that shawl. The Knitting Goddess is pretty implacable.

This Will Look Like Ass. I know that feeling. But it's generally followed by I Wonder Who Is Going To Be Suicidal Enough To Tell Me That?

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on wearing your corset out to a party. LOL at people petting the corset.

Hey if you cast on and joined 730 stitches without twisting, I think you have to continue on. You don't want the Knitting Goddess to take out revenge do you? ;)

10:09 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

I wore a corset for my Mom's wedding (under the dress of course). It was so tight I ended up taking it off so I could eat... and breathe. Lol.

That one is gorgeous!

6:54 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Wow - gorgeous corset!

I'm with Chris - therapeutic socks

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!!

I got to do some feeling up, too! *Happy Waffle* =D

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home