Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, October 30, 2006

Daylight Savings Monday

Daylight savings has just started here. So the clock says its 6.30am, but my body clock says it's 5.30am and wants to know what the heck is going on. Also, I have a full day of training today. The type of training where you learn how to communicate better with your team. The type of training where if you didn't already know this stuff you would never have gotten the freaking job in the first place. And besides, I communicate very well with my team. When I realised that E had a particular song stuck in her head, I knew just what to do.

Me: Hey, E?
E: Yeah?
Me: Billeeeeee, don't be a heeeroooo.....
E: Screw you, [Peeve]!

See? See how good I am at this?

In other news, I am pleased to announce that the Great Sock Drought of 2006 is over. In a burst of productivity, I have finished a pair of socks. No, actually, that sentence really deserves capital letters. I HAVE FINISHED A PAIR OF SOCKS. Wooooo! Unfortunately, I suspect the camera is still in the car, so I'll have to wait until tonight to take pictures.

Now I have to go choose some sock yarn from my stash. Cause there is NO WAY IN HELL I'm going to this training thingy without a new sock project!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on the socks!!

Hee hee - maybe you could quietly whistle Bridge over the River Kwai during training all day. I bet training would have to end early because people would be smacking their faces into the tables.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey congrats on finishing the sock! Unfortunately I know those type of meetings all too well. Definitely need to grab some sock yarn. :)

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You should be exempt from meetings due to sock completion. I hate those kind of meetings.

You're having your "lose an hour" Daylight "Saving" Time? We just got ours back. It's so nice to wake up at 7am and know that it's "really" 8am.

If I have "Billie don't be a hero" stuck in my head all day, well, I'll just drive everyone around me crazy.

I finished Ghost Stories of Edith Wharton! I need your addy to send it off to you!

3:26 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Finished a pair of socks? that was quick!
I bet you are halfway through the next pair now....

7:14 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Hooray! Well done you!

2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn you! Now it'll be stuck in my head all holidays :P

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home