Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Nervous Meiko, Or Who Would Have Thought Roleplayers Could Make So Much Noise??

Meiko is nervous of visitors. Especially loud roleplaying ones, so she's been hiding in here with me and the computer, twitching her ears at the noise and peering at me imperiously over the edge of my monitor.

Still sick. But I have a huge workload at the moment, mainly consisting of a huge lastminutepanicpanicpanicdoitnownownow thingy. Which in practical terms boils down to me, a pen, and 400+ pages of densely written material needing to be painstakingly checked. While my head is full of concrete, my nose is blocked solid, and I keep getting giddy just sitting at the keyboard. Yay. But it has to be done, and I'd rather do it than have to deal with the problems which would be caused by letting this sucker go out as is. It's taken me a week so far. I hope to have the actual checking done sometime tomorrow, after which I can start writing it up. While my intray piles higher and higher, urgent emails go unread, and the only thing keeping me going is the wonderful, wonderful lady at the cafe downstairs who makes an awesome cinnamon latte. WHY did I not know of these wondrous creations before???

Oh man, it's hard to relax and rest at home while I'm thinking about all the work that still needs to be done! If I'm EXTREMELY lucky, I'll be all caught up after a week or so......

And enough with the self-pity!

Look what I found!

Sock Yarn! Select Great Arondirack and scroll down to the Soxie yarns... Black Violet... *drool*

A Great New Sock Yarn Club! This one looks way cool, doesn't charge extra for international postage (they're based in the UK), and is cheap to boot!

Check out the Sock Hop Yarn on the right of this page. Instant. Lust. Found by way of Wendy's blog.

Good thing for the day: The fact that Large Skinny Cinnamon Lattes Exist and Are Plentiful.
Bad thing for the day: Urgle. But too much work to allow at-home urgling.

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh no, WORK! Work while sick! Poor, poor Peevegirl. *hug*

(I'm pretending you didn't post any linkies...)

10:54 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Blah to work! Especially when you are sick. Missed you at crafties tonight.
If you need another temp, but one with a brain, I may well be available!
Hope this bug passes soon so that you can enjoy the weekend!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

I'm sending "well" vibes your way, although I don't have many myself. I'm sick too :(.

"Large Skinny" isn't that an oxymoron? ;)

3:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, working while you're sick is no fun at all. Hope you're feeling better and working less soon.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

Hope you feel better soon, missed you at crafties.

Apparently cinnamon is addictive. Someone told this to Ken, who said "Ah, so that's why I've been eating six sticks of it a day." Ew!

But don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine.

9:39 AM  
Blogger renee said...

Being sick sucks!! Get well soon!

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor thing! Big hugs, and N sends a snuggle and a raspberry to his Aunty Peevish too. At least there are cinnamon lattes in the world.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I hope you feel better soon, working while sick defiently sucks.
Poor Meiko, you should try to learn how to play like my friend's kitty does. She actually came over and started batting the dice around! She was rolling better numbers than we were! But you're right, we CAN be loud sometimes...

1:49 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh no, working when you're sick is Hell squared! Plus the whole bit about how sitting upright takes thought & determination, much less using actual brainpower.

Cinnamon Lattes? There are cinnamon lattes? That sounds fabulous.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home