Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Preciousssss



As promised - pictures of my Valentine's Day haul - four skeins of the top picture, two of the bottom. The pictures aren't great, but this was as close as I could get for the colour. Any suggestions as to what I should do with all of this loveliness?

Also, my Vesper Sock Yarn arrived last night. The note said it was the first Vesper ever shipped to Australia! So now myself and Lynne can feel smug. But poor.

I was good last night and instead of rifling through our cheese purchases I sat and did another six rows on the shawl. Which feels like a lot, but I'm gonna have to do more than that to beat this deadline! Did I mention we also bought a jar of sour cherry relish to go with the cheese? Drat, just made myself hungry again.

And I went to the gym last night. I got all excited cause I can actually see a tiny bit of muscle definition in my upper arms. However, I did manage to embarrass myself TWICE with a stupid shoulder press machine. Stupid collapsible bench thingies. But I don't feel so bad when that happens in the women's only room of the gym.

And a somewhat philosophical pondering: When I comment on other people's blogs, I tend to reveal things that I would not write on my own blog. I usually write these things when I'm feeling huge sympathy for the blogger - my impulse is to share my own experiences in order to try and make them feel better, or at least to offer some support from someone who's been there. Now, this is still information that I'm posting on the web in one form or another - people read comments on other blogs, and they can then follow the link back here with one easy click. So why not write about these things on my blog? Has anyone else experienced this?

Good thing for the day: Visible proof that I have muscle as well as... um.... 'curves'.
Bad thing for the day: Not being able to smack this lady upside the head.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

She needs to be slapped, but what about this? Is this a real newspapaper?? Yikes.

Heh, I have two skeins of that purple/grey/black Koigu (which is very similar to the Black Purl Lorna's Laces). I also have 4 skeins of Koigu Kersti in the same colorway.

Hmm, I've noticed that about myself, too - that I often post way more personal stuff in someone's comments than I do on my blog. I guess exceptions on my blog would be occasionally in a listing meme. If I ever do the 100 things about me mem, I'll probably just go nuts...

7:11 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Yep, they all need a smack. I suppose I am quite honest about my feelings wherever I post but I do reveal more of myself in comments.

Any way, have I told you THANK YOU yet? If not, THANK YOU, for the beautiful Noro, sock yarn and Tim Tams that arrived today! You are truly wonderful and lovely! Loop tomorrow :)

7:25 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

:)

Yep, this is a real newspaper. One day I'll get drunk and post a story I heard direct from an unnamed source....

I think what was most offensive about that article was the assumption that Muslim and Australian were mutually exclusive!

I'm glad you liked the parcel, mrspao! Any time you need another TimTam fix, let me know!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

This is fantastic! Go see how the timtam slam is done!

http://mrspao.blogspot.com/

8:14 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

It was pretty amazing. :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Good Grief. People are insane, you know that?

That's funny about the comments. I tend to leave more personal comments than posts on my blog too. Maybe I'm filtering a bit on the blog because I know Rachel (13 year old daughter of best friend) reads it.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

about the comment issue: HAHA! If I'm going to say somethign that perhaps I shouldn't reveal to the whole net-connected world, I usually end up doing it on my blog and not in comments. :) If I'm thinking it, chances are it will show up on my blog in one form or another.

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home