Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Friday, February 17, 2006

Freaky Friday and a Guest Star

This is Angus. Angus belongs to Gibbering. Angus was born in a ute in Dingley. For those not in the Melbourne area, this is roughly equivalent to being born in a trailer park. Angus is a dear, sweet affectionate kitty with a coordination problem. Angus thinks that just because jumping onto the cat bed means you smack your head into the wall the first 123 times, that is no reason whatsoever to stop doing it. And a big hand for our first guest star!!!

My Freaky Friday contribution this week is a must if you have ever been or ever dated a gamer. This is priceless and oh so true.

I was going to settle in last night and knit more on the Olympic shawl, but it was the regular Thursday Night Crafties Group at my place, and Yarnivorous brought along her brand new ball winder.... I spent pretty much the entire evening winding skeins of yarn and squeaking with delight. Strangely, not everyone was as amused as I was..... But it was so much fun! And so quick! And so neat! Oh yeah, I live the wild life, baby!

I'd just like to say here that I am LOVING my blog. I am enjoying meeting new people, reading other people's blogs, and sharing freaky internet stuff with y'all. :)

Good thing for the day: No social plans tonight - a whole evening knitting the shawl! Wooo! See previous comment regarding the Wild Life I Lead.
Bad thing for the day: Not being able to hug bloggers who are having a rough time.

6 Comments:

Blogger yarnivorous said...

I was amaused by the ball winder and I provided it!
I love seeing how the yarn comes up in a cake form. mmmm, cake....

6:58 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Ball winders are very amusing. And practical. Wild, wild life, Peeve.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee. I had a fun mental image of you winding up a storm, shrieking "squee!" periodically...

I know what you mean - I can't believe what great people I've come to know through the blogosphere - youself included. And you're right, sending a *hug* really isn't quite the same...

Will check video when I get home...

7:35 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Angus is so cute. I have never seen a ball winder but I can imagine you squealing with joy and excitement.

I've got one or two more bits for you package so get ready to squeal up a storm :)

9:41 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

ohmigod, that video is SO TRUE!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

:)

Chris - isn't it, just? I think I've been on both sides of the deal at one time or another!

Mrspao - I am SO LOOKING FORWARD to your package!!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home