Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Carruth House

As Blogger is taunting me so much, I have decided to post random pictures and posts about the trip so that it cannot disrupt my carefully planned travelogue. Hah!

This is Carruth House in Boston, a beautiful old house where we stayed for three nights in Boston. Strangely enough, the house being in Boston and all. Anyhoo, it was polished floorboards and a beautiful suite of rooms, and the host Heidi was friendly and helpful. Each morning we got a selection of croissants, muffins, or bagels from local bakeries, and we ate hugely before setting off into the wilds of Boston.

A note on driving in Boston - why are half of the streets one way? AND WHY ISN'T THIS RATHER IMPORTANT FACT NOTED ON MAPS?????

It took two hours on my birthday to finally reach the yarn store we were aiming for. It turns out, naturally, that the yarn store was a) ten minutes away from where we were staying and b) closed. Arrrgh. Fortunately, we found another yarn store so that my dream of wallowing in yarn on my birthday could be realised: A Good Yarn in Boston, where the staff were friendly, one of the other customers was also having a birthday, and I purchased much yarn. Yarn pics will have to come later in some cases, as it is still in the box I shipped it back to Australia in. Thanks Wendy for the yarn store recommendation!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - Minneapolis has that same sort of unmarked one way thing going on. It's a conspiracy, obviously.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome! I am glad you got to see at least one and it seems that you even got to have some "fun" with Boston streets. Don't feel too bad - it took me 2 years not to get lost on a regular basis!

Was the one that was close - Circles or Snow Goose? Because they are both close to that location.

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post the one way streets? And spoil the fun for the natives?

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home