Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

In Which Blogger Can Bite Me

It took TWO HOURS yesterday to upload those pics! There were going to be more! With some sort of coherent narrative! But I ended up so frustrated that I had to go away and start another sock to calm myself down.

Blogger is reaaaaallly challenging my natural "I'm too lazy to be bothered moving to another blogging system" attitude.

Sigh. Knitting. I am actually knitting! I have finished a pair of socks, started another sock, and I've been industriously knitting away on a faroese shawl in sooooft cream baby wool. Because I felt like it. I will never wear it, but I always have hope that someone will see it and yell "gimme!" so that I know who to give it to. And I cannot keep something in soft cream wool in a four cat household. Nuh-uh.

Oh thankallthegods I just spotted a leftover chocolate easter egg on my desk......

I want to get all my pics posted so that I can pay the proper respect to my fabulous hostesses on the trip - you were awesome guys!

11 Comments:

Blogger Ainsley said...

You could stay with blogger but not use their photo uploading facility, but upload the photos somewhere else and link to them with blogger (fairly straight forward, similar to using links). Suggestions for photo hosting include photo bucket and flicker - but I'm sure others who actually use something besides blogger will be more helpful.

9:06 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Mmm, Ainsley has a point - flickr or maybe DAN's website/host? I use Nathan's host. We can show you how to link the pics.
You could just dye the shawl purple or black.... Knitting is good! I shall have to see the shawl in all its wondrousness :-0

9:12 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey, are you resizing the pictures before you upload them? Pictures raw from the camera are ginormous and pokey for you to load and for readers to load. There are some freebie things out there that can resize fast - I use FXPhoto because it does some basic things like cropping, brightening, etc, but PIXResizer is good for just resizing.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Blogger is such a bitch sometimes. I can't wait to see the pile o yarn.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

As far as the shawl goes,GIMME!!!
There, promblem solved. :)

8:03 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

I've found Blogger doesn't like more than ten pics in each post. Does that help?

I also tend to import pics first, then save as a draft, then write text. And if I write a lot of text I'll save as draft a few times during the typing.

And then when it's time to publish I'll select all and copy, so if Blogger implodes and also destroys my draft, I can still reclaim all my work.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger wouldn't let me post pix at all and was damn slow about letting me know that. Hate Blogger. That's why I went to typepad. But lazily, I did not move everything over.

Chocolate Easter Egg! Yay!

But I'm looking forward to your pix if you ever do manage to get them online!

11:29 AM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

Switching isn't hard, I promise. :( two hours of hell? Poor peeve :( it shouldn't be that way, nuh huh.

Socks? Wanna see!

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flickr's good...leaving blogger is even better. Wordpress has free hosting and I HEART wordpress. Blogger blows.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I have the blog to prove it:

http://becausebloggerblow.blogspot.com

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dammit, that should be, becausebloggerblows.blogspot.com

stupid fingers not typing what I want them to type...oh, hell, just go visit JenLa. I've got the link on there

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home