Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Friday, January 12, 2007

Freaky Friday

I saw the just about the Freakiest Thing Ever in the Vet's office on Tuesday night. We were taking Meiko and Dorian in for their yearly shots (Dorian howled dismally all the way there, in the waiting room, and all the way back; Meiko went straight for the puffed up fur, huddled in motionless terror in the corner of her carrier position) and there was a lady there with a poodle on a leash and pushing a stroller. I (naturally enough) assumed there was a kid in the stroller.

Not so.

In the stroller in a big felt pouch was a kangaroo. I am not sure if it was a fully grown wallaby or a half grown kangaroo, but I do know that its name was Lucy. I know its name was Lucy because it was wearing a collar with 'Lucy' spelt out on it in big rhinestone letters.

But that wasn't the most disturbing thing, oh no it wasn't.

Lucy's owner had painted her toenails. Pink.

Cause I know when I bring up one of our native animals as my own, the first thing I'd do would be to PAINT ITS TOENAILS.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Aren't there laws against that sort of thing?! Having native animals as pets? (Not to mention the painted toenails!)

Where are my kitten pictures??? I DEMAND KITTEN PICTURES!!! :D

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm frightened just thinking about that...aside from the fact that I've never even seen a kangaroo. Very scary...

12:57 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

This amuses me so greatly. It's as good as the people who paint their dog's nails. Poor little hopper. Hop away!

1:27 AM  
Blogger cheekiemary said...

There is a lady in the Dallas, Texas area who uses my vet - and she has a wallaby that she carries in a sling like a baby and she uses it for children's birthday parties. It is adorable, but a wee bit stinky - don't think I would want it at my child's party.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

WOW. I wish you'd been able to get pictures of that! Can't kangaroos get agressive? What would be the point in owning one? I say that... But there are people around here who own wolves and bears and stuff.

7:51 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Oh that is too weird for words. I'm sure there must be a law against painting toenails.

I second Chris, kitten????

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...

Bling AND a manicure.
Oh my.

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home