Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Anniversary

Today/tomorrow is the twelfth anniversary of me and Dave getting together (holy crap - TWELVE YEARS???). This is my anniversary present from this wonderful man - a set of hand forged silver dpns for sock knitting. From the Celtic Swan Forge. Yes, you read that right. Solid silver sock needles. I am currently test-driving them and I can safely say they. Are. Awesome. Truly the Rolls-Royce of knitting needles!

Marlowe pics will follow tomorrow - rest assured he is growing like a weed, and is confident in his position of Demon Kitten of Chaos.

I've been sticking to the topic of Marlowe lately cause the change of meds is kicking in and boy is it kicking my butt! Tired, overtired, sleep-deprived, giddy, and prone to the odd hysterical crying jag for no particular reason. But. It is improving and it will continue to improve, and I am determined to hang in there. However, it does mean that I'm incredibly exhausted, and I don't want to talk about myself too much for fear of boring the heck out of my poor patient blog readers! I have been knitting and frogging in more or less equal measures, as well as test knitting a pattern for a friend - all will be revealed... stay tuned for more.... Taaaaales Ooooffff Teeeedium!!!!

Oooh, and I almost forgot - La has nottagged me ( i.e invited me courteously to partake in an exercise which only the most callow would call a meme)!

The rules are: post six weird things about yourself. Then nottag six other bloggers, leaving comments on their blogs to let them know they have been nottagged.

Six Weird Things About Me:

1. When eating a meal (at home or out, doesn't matter) I have to eat equal portions of everything on the plate, or eat each element of the dish in turn (ie, mash, peas, chips, whetever). I hate having more of one thing left than the others.

2. I hate watching episodes of tv shows as they turn up once a week. I would much rather wait until the season is over and get it on dvd to watch in big gluttonous chunks.

3. I like pineapple on my pizzas. Although I accept that this is as natural as breathing to some, and evidence of a deeply disturbed personality to others.

4. I thought the movie ET sucked. Everyone else in the movie theatre was sobbing, I was bored stiff and wanted to go home.

5. I cannot bear the taste of fresh coriander. It is NASTY.

6. I enjoy punning. I love punning. Gibbering and I once spent an entire afternoon emailing latin puns to one another.

I tag: mrspao, Chris, Purplexity, Carrie, Trudi, and Bellamoden!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am hoping for the same needles for Xmas. I sent emails and links to the other half until he got the hint.
I'm glad to hear you like them!

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those needles are goregous! Interesting list! I happen to love coriander. :)

12:40 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Sterling silver needles AND a kitten! You lucky lucky thing! I've put my weird list up now :)

2:11 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, those needles sound deliciously decadent!! Congrats to both of you. :)

I'm glad to hear that the meds are doing something. Hang in there, kiddo! *hug*

2:49 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Golly, 12 years! Congrats! Love the needles :-)
I do the food thing too. If there is lots of something i have to eat enough of it that it is equal with the others, then I eat the Best Thing last.
Thnaks for coming to my housewarming :-)

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 12 years!

That is just weird with the food thing. Weird! A girlfriend's hubby can't eat food that touched other food. But pineapple on pizza is perfectly normal along with marathon viewing seasons. Isn't it?

Nottagged, eh? I'll try to pare the list down to a mere six by nightfall. In CA.

I'm glad to hear the meds are helping you! and I always look forward to your Taaaaales Ooooffff Teeeedium!!!!

And Marlowe (and the rest of the gang) pix.

7:30 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Congrats on the anniversary!

I've done my six. Now everyone's going to know how wierd I am...

9:19 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

I hope you start to feel more like yourself soon. Hang in there and know that you have people who care about you.

2:27 AM  
Blogger renee said...

Wow, those are fancy needles! That yarn is absolutely gorgeous, too - perfect for such wonderful tools.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary. What a great anniversary present Dave got you!

I'm glad to hear the meds are working. Keep hanging in there.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home