Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, January 08, 2007

Hiiiiiiiiii!

Yup, still here, still flattened from the beating the Depression Monster and it's sidekick Stinkyhotweather are administering while my shiny new meds stand on the sidelines pretending not to notice. Sigh.

Purplexity has gently enquired as to whether I have abandoned my ever-patient blog public, and has subtly threatened e-slaps, e-nudges and e-hugs if I don't come to my senses toot sweet.

Recent knitting would have been a lot more impressive if I hadn't decided to scoff at the Guage Gods and spend a day and a half knitting something that would not have fit any baby I have ever seen. I am now toying with winding up some Handmaiden Sea Silk (droooool) and knitting something for the heck of it. I figure if I can let go of the idea that I must make something useful and functional I might be able to start (and FINISH) something gorgeous and completely impractical.

I haven't shown you many of my recent yarn purchases cause I've been buying myself stuff to make myself feel better and I'm a bit ashamed - I may have gone a little overboard..... But! New austerity measures firmly in place!

I have had several lovely offers to shepherd me to yarn stores, hockey games and even Disneyland (La, you wench!) and I shall be hunting down each and every one of you to take you up on those offers! YARRRN CRAAAWL!!! And, you know, if there happened to be a bar or two conveniently located near these yarn stores.....

Dave is happily resigned to this trip being significantly occupied with yarn stores and bloggers. A jewel among men!

Further details of the Peeve World Tour Itinerary as they are finalised......

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stinkyhotweather alone is enough to send me into a fit of depression. :) I've heard the Sea Silk is really nice.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

*stealth hug* Ha! Gotcha. I suggest liberal applications of a kitten.

Is it at least sunny?? Yesterday was so murky grey here it was if the city was stalled at twilight for the day...

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the kitten idea is a very good one.

By the way, just thought I'd introduced myself, *hi!* I ran across your blog the other day and got sucked in by the kitty cats/yarn goodness!

3:42 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Wow...that's a heck of a yarn crawl. Dave is obviously a good guy.

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo! That was a good beginning, but today is a new day.

I e-encourage you to post again today, with three good things from yesterday!

Purplexity.

8:15 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Blogging is good. Scoffing at gauge gods is bad. Sea silk is good (or so I've been told). Always knitting something useful and functional is bad. Give us gorgeous and impractical! Give us more peeve posts!

Yarn tours of other countries is also good. I think the beau is just as resigned to our NZ trip being part yarn crawl, too.

8:31 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Get D to put boxes/bags of yummy yarn purchases somewhere out of reach. Once a week you can get a new box of yarn! Then you can show it off to us. Yay! (I sometimes forget that I ever bought some stuff when I go stash diving, oops!)
Yes, give us good things for the day. Something good must happen every day, even if it is normal things like D and cats...

10:01 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Three cheers to knitting the impractical but beautiful! I am planning a sea silk scarf from Victorian Lace Today; I just need to pick a pattern and cast on. I have no place really to wear such a scarf, but I am thinking that the scarf might inspire a new place to go to wear it.

I hope you feel less flattened soon!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Oh just the sound of the sea silk is wonderful. Knit something elegant and completely nonsensical. How about a Fichu?

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just let me know where and when and we will CRAWL. And don't be silly, less is not more. MORE is more. And what can make you feel more better than yarn? More yarn!

(Please don't tell anyone I wrote "more better".)

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home