Wednesday In All Its Glory
Our little Marlowe went in to the vet yesterday for his operation - he came through it absolutely fine, and we were complimented by the vet nurses on what a sociable little thing he is. He was adorably sleepy last night and kept falling asleep with his face smooshed into the carpet, but by 5am this morning he was his usual energetic self. Our baby is growing up! Now that he's had the "snip" he gets to wear a collar - we've bought him a nice purple one with a purple bell. Pics to follow. Which I keep saying, but they will! There are pics! Yes there are!
Thanks for the commiserations on missing the Harlot. I am sure the grieving process will continue so that eventually the healing can begin!
And Carrie K? We have booked a tour of Alcatraz already - a Night Tour! Bwahazhaaha!
Weather is still yucky here - muggy and icky and despicable and hateful. My brain just goes to slush in this kind of weather, I find it difficult to sleep, the whole bit.
But. Lest this blog become a total whingefest, here are some Good Things:
1.Marlowe is fine and healthy and happy, as are all our cats.
2. I bought yarn yesterday. Yarn that I shouldnt' have bought. Pretty yarn!
3. Knitting is continuing - I have a new plan for using up the rest of my sock yarn scraps and I am currently knitting that.
4. I am also currently knitting a sock in STR lightweight in the Kryptonite colourway, and its gorgeousness means I am knitting very slowly because I keep having to stop and admire it.
5. I had a Cinnamon Latte this morning. Yum. And also, Bounce!
6. Yesterday afternoon's executive meeting barely touched the cheese and fruit platter ordered for them, so we've all been eating lovely cheeses all morning.
And now - I need some advice. I have tried and tried to solve this myself, but my cluelessness keeps getting in the way and it's too early to start drinking yet.
When Mr Peeve and I are in LA, we have two major appointments - spending the day with The Fantabulous Ms La in Long Beach, and dinner with The Ineffable Crazy Aunt Purl in West Hollywood. Now what I want to know is: How in Heck do we coordinate this?? Should we stay in Hollywood and taxi/whatever down to Long Beach to meet La? or the other way around? My main criteria here is not to put either of these ladies out in any fashion - they are being kind enough to meet two Australian Oddballs and that is more than enough for anyone to cope with!