Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Morning All!

Hmm, I feel I should do a bit of a catch-up post today.

Trip planning is coming along swimmingly - only 52 sleeps to go!!! We've booked most of our accommodation - La, any recommendations for staying in or near LA? Heh. Get it? Ahem. I am so very much looking forward to meeting so many of you!

Sock knitting is cruising along - I've now finished five socks and I'm doing the toe of the sixth. I promise I will blog these! I'm just so happy to have the sock mojo back - socks is all I feel like knitting right now, I'm getting a lot of pleasure from it. I'm currently doing lots of scrappy stripy socks to use up some of my sock yarn leftovers.

Marlowe is getting HUGE, and is still supremely arrogant and energetic. Except when it comes to Lulu. Every now and then he forgets and bounces up to her, and she then delivers one of her almighty smackdowns, which I think she hugely enjoys, so everybody wins.

I have upped my meds dosage and it seems to be helping a little. On Saturday I went out for the day with Gibbering - we went to Dandenong and visited opshops and clothes shops - we lasted a whole five minutes in the yarn shop before she informed me that THIS IS HELL and we left. Poor Gibbering! Heh. I bought a pair of jeans, a skein of sock yarn, and a spinning book for Yarnivorous, who we dropped in on on the way home. I also bought some of her sock yarn while we were there - pics to follow!

After I got home I wound up my new sock yarn, and wound up some other skeins as well, and knitted and watched dvds with Dave. At the end of the day, something felt weird. I had a good day. I enjoyed myself, saw friends, bought Yarn, etc - not an unusal day in itself, but the difference was that on Saturday I wasn't depressed. All day. A whole day! This gives me a scary insight into what it must be like to be 'normal'. Wow. I think I like it!

I've been crashing a bit since then, but Saturday actually gave me a lot of hope!

Right. I'm at work and I should at least act like it.

7 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

I'm so glad that Saturday went well! You've just got to keep on going - you can do it!

PS It did occur to me we could coincide in the States but the air fares for late March were a lot more expensive! I will have another look though.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yay for Saturday!!!! Those are good days. Did you see my blurb about The Chemistry of Joy? I thought it might be a good read for you, too...

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bit where you and the yarn shop lady openly pitied me for not being a knitter was funny, too!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

Five socks! Wow - I can't even manage one at the moment. Or a round. You go girl!

11:46 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Hmm, I am barely doing better than Ainsley. I do like the idea of doing socks in different patterns. Sounds fun! And if I really like a pattern, I can always knit two socks in it, but in different colours!
It was good seeing you being "normal." As for crashing a bit, well considering Marta I am not surprised.

1:43 PM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

You know, it's weird, but last week, when I was sitting there knitting my second Wild Things sock in Adelaide, an idea just flashed into my mind.

Hey! Second sock syndrome wouldn't be a problem if a knitter was the sort of person who loved wearing odd socks!

I wonder if we had these similar ideas at exactly the same time. Maybe we're psychotically linked...

Anyway, I have deliberately knitted the second of a pair in self-striping yarn from the middle of the balls so the stripes fell in the opposite order. I love the idea of doing two different patterns in the same yarn. Perhaps two different cable patterns. Or lace patterns...

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psssst....you should go look at JenLa's post for today....

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home