Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Koigu Cables and an Apology

Mmm... koigu purple cables.... I got a package on Friday from an ebay auction I won - 10 skeins of purple koigu treasure. I spent all of Saturday trying to settle on a pattern worthy of this glory. Duh. OBVIOUSLY the answer was Mim's new pattern - you would think I would have learned by now! Like all of Mim's patterns, this cable wrap is fun to knit, complicated enough to keep me interested and simple enough to be a quick knit.

And the apology: I kind of ducked out on you guys again, didn't I?? I've been experiencing the adventure that is called "The Changing of the Meds" and I've been all hermity. If hermity is a word. Well it is now. Anyhoo, I've just started the new meds after a steep and rapid slide off the old ones, and it's going swimmingly (comparatively speaking). By which I mean I am not trying to convince the neighbours that I am in fact Paris Hilton on a factfinding mission for the CIA, nor am I contemplating spending the rest of my life under the doona (comforter/quilt) with only a torch, a book and a feeding tube for company. I am grumpy, tired (I've said it before and I'll say it again, insomnia BLOWS CHUNKS), occasionally lightheaded, and having trouble concentrating on anything for more than about five minutes (all those who said to themselves "so what's new?" may now smack themselves upside the head), but I am also aware that it could be a heck of a lot worse.

Chris, I will send you a little something for your birthday, I am sorry it will be so late! And Kelly, I am assembling your package, I am sorry it will be so late!

I'll leave you with a gem from Dave: "You have every right to be scared, but you also have every reason to be optimistic."

This (and also possibly the violet-flavoured white chocolate truffles) is only one of the reasons he's a keeper.

7 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

Hug hug hug hug hug hug! It sounds like you are going through a tough time - watch out for some mail from me which I posted last week to Dave's ... ;)

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, changing of the meds. That sounds stressful among other things. Hang in there! I love the purple Koigu scarf.

3:07 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

*squee!* I'm so excited to see someone knitting this!

And good luck with the meds stuff... I've been through it with my husband and changing or hormone meds for myself. No bueno!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Changing meds is miserable miserable miserable - hang in there!! And no need to apologize!! Now I have something fun to anticipate. :D Thank you!

10 skeins of purple koigu. I think I need to go sulk in jealousy for a while.

8:05 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Violet-flavoured white chocolate truffles?

(drooools)

"Doh" to reason for hermittyness. "Yay!" to successful med change and blog return. Especially as I've been a bit hermity, but only because I've become a croaky glue factory.

Hope to see you soon!

8:21 AM  
Blogger knightlyknitter.wordpress.com said...

Purplicious cables - not that's just not fair! here's me all set up with 3 pairs of Fetchings planned, plus all the other ongoings, and you show me purple cables??? Have to have more dark choc (Just followed link to wrap - soundtrack: Ah OOhhh palpitations of desire)

Supportive and providing amazing chocolate? Your Dave is fabulous!

Hope the sun is coming out for you (but not in an Aussie-summer-bake-your-hair-off kind of way)
Stopping now, caffeine and sugar are calling me

10:22 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Sweety don't you worry a bit about sending out packages. You take care of yourself first!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home